Thursday, November 8, 2018

A Cinema for
Desperate Times

I need a cinema
that brings
me to my senses.
Because it has
that power.

A cinema
that wakes me
inside itself
and reminds me
I am so much more
than I thought I was.

A cinema
that aligns my feelings
with the miracle of
the least significant
moment.

A cinema
that lets me go in
and come out…
a wide-eyed boy 
in love
with life’s pleasures
as well
as its hardships.

We need a cinema
that lets us
borrow a beautiful
face only to realize
we have our own.

A cinema
that returns me
to the world
with my love of life
and its possibilities
restored.

A cinema
that reminds us
that our suffering
is for recalibrating
our consciousness
in order to
make us whole.

I need a cinema
that atunes me
with that which is finer
because it has
merged me 
with its light.

A cinema
that causes us
to more fully accept
what we may
have once feared.

A cinema
that shows me that
if I persist in my folly
I will eventually
become wise.

A cinema
which allows us
to embrace
our own narrative
even as we know
we can step out
from under its
construction
to experience another.

We need now
more than ever
a cinema
which creates
compassion
for the other.

A cinema
for desperate times.

Peter Valentyne
January 2017




No comments: