Saturday, September 7, 2019



Dissolution

I align myself with the morning,
where everything is possible.
My dissolution always arrives
at night where nakedness 
assumes another meaning.

For the most part, nights
are for suffering indignations.
Stripped of my philosophy, 
equations and ephemera,
I am always prodigal.

I think of dreams
as photographic negatives;
what transpires arrives 
always after the fact,
 pushed out by the antibody
of my inner light.

Messages arrive via acquiescence
so that impressions
are merely remnants
felt through loss. 
Perhaps that’s why
afterwards, I am
pure amnesia.

I have lost touch with my misery.
Not because I’ve been spared,
not because my suffering 
has bred resilience,
but because during the day
I maintain an imaginary center
that holds both worlds 
in the same space. 

My foolishness has it’s own integrity.
For most, sticking to their story
is all they know how to do,
as if identity were a defiantly creative act
in service of a fallacious sense of certainty.
For me, I develop prints.

Consider the saddest person imaginable;
everything they love beyond their reach.
I assure you
there is still the possibility
for utter happiness.

Something beautiful happens when you die;
all your fears take leave, lift. 
Burdens dissolve, 
and it becomes possible
to discover every judgement 
you ever made
was borne from misunderstanding.

The very life you fashioned;
a sin of un-individuated vanity.
What right had we
to compare ourselves to each other?
And so for me,
things fall apart at night
so that I can be whole.

All is lost, yet you have agency.
You’ve woken.
Now how will you live?

Peter Valentyne
September 6th, 2019


No comments: